Monday, March 1, 2010

Operation Notebook Part II

Just recently we did another mission to a school and I got to hand out more school supplies. I think every school in Afghanistan is in need. It was a really nice mission and after the engineering portion, I was able to sit in on a female engagement team to interact with women and children. It was a beautiful community. I instantly received good vibes from the village. I could tell there was a lot of love and respect. One women was very pregnant with her seventh child. Even though she had the wrinkles of a 60 year old, she had this amazing pregnancy glow about her.

When we arrived at the school, there were children every where!


The school had several buildings and more under construction. There was just not enough room for all the children.


The teachers and students collect the boxes of school supplies...


And take them back to the school.


The cutest baby!


Talking with the women and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment