Friday, May 8, 2009

Life in the TOC

Yesterday we finished a three day Command Post Exercise (CPX). All of our time was spend in the tactical operations center (TOC). It's the "brain" of our PRT. The engineer function doesn't have too much to contribute in planning the missions outside the wire, but nevertheless mission planning is an interesting process to watch and partake in. This morning we completed a five mile road march in the rain. It wasn't too bad, but I'm not looking forward to our seven mile road march, whenever that may be.

Soon we will be "going to the field" as the Army likes to call it. I call it camping on crack. We'll be living at a make shift forward operating base (FOB) for five days where we'll have to respond to different scenarios. It sounds like fun. I'm just exausted and need more sleep. That's probably the hardest part about CST. I'm used to going to bed whenever I want (sometimes 8pm) and here it's hard to stay awake.

1 comment:

  1. there was a good spot on 60 min about the Air Force unmaned planes. michael and I thought it was all very amazing Love Aunty Kathy

    ReplyDelete