Monday, May 4, 2009

All's Well that Ends Well

The past several days have been busy. We started qualification for our weapons. We qualified on the 9MM and M4. The 9MM was a lot of fun. The Army uses pop up targets and when you successfully shoot the target, it falls down. The below picture shows a guy shooting a pop-up target.
The M4 qualification was disastrous. There were too many people trying to use the range and there was a huge back-up. I tried to qualifying three times before I actually made it because I was either shooting at the wrong targets or my weapon malfunctioned because I put it together incorrectly. At least I know I'll never make that mistake again! When I finally qualified, I ended up shooting expert (36 out of 40 targets hit) but I was exhausted at the end of the day. We also had to fire in our gas mask and at night (limited visibility). It was fun, but let's just say I'm glad we have the day off!
I managed to get a warrior picture of myself wearing all my gear. An extra 55 pounds of "stuff" that may save my life one day.

1 comment:

  1. I always knew you were a warrior Jenna.
    Love Aunty Kathy

    ReplyDelete